They are the tiny vampires lurking behind the crevices, cracks but mostly at your bed and are waiting for the right opportunity to suck your blood. Usually, they appear as nocturnal, small and wingless insects with skin color that caries from dark reddish-brown to copper. It is quite difficult to find them, but with Crush Bugs experts, they have nowhere to go!
Bed bugs create disturbance when one is about to sleep which results to itchiness and rushes in the skin. To remove these pests, a scrutinized cleaning of the bottom and base of the bed is required and a thorough monitoring of if any eggs are present. The team makes sure that every corner of the bed is free from the bed bugs.
Bedbugs are small, nocturnal, wingless insects. The skin color varies between copper and a dark reddish-brown. Adult bed bugs are wingless but their body is flattened. They measure about 3/16 ” long which is similar to an apple seed. They swell and become red after feeding on blood. Females can lay from one to five eggs a day and they can live up to 300 days. They live in the seams of mattresses, furniture, electrical connections and picture frames. They feed on human blood and other warm-blooded animals, such as bats and pets.
They stay together and emit a sweet odor that is very unpleasant at the same time. You can detect them by noting on mattresses or furniture a bloodstains which there are signs of an infestation. They are found in temperate climates and can survive in bird nests, which are common in buildings or houses, especially on rooftops. They can transfer to luggage, inside the clothes, bed covers, covers for mattresses and pillows, bed frames, so you can also find in hotels.
The bedbugs are not a serious threat to health. Their bites cause irritation and even infection, however, they do not carry diseases. Stops itching and red bumps or lumps can be confused with other insects. Although their bite leaves small red marks that are similar to multiple lines with minimal space between each. An infestation of bed bugs can be found in the cleanest house or the most luxurious hotel.
Here are some tips for prevention in case of traveling or at home:
- Inspect the surfaces reviewing reddish stains on the blankets in bed or in mattress seams.
- Lift and look at the possible sites where you can hide, such as under the mattress, base and headboard and furniture. We must take into account emerging at night to feed.
- Use the trunk and put up the luggage and other items away from the wall and the bed. It can be left in the closet, if it is not very close to the bed.
- Check your luggage while you are saving both their clothes as new items. When you return trip, put clothes in the dryer immediately at maximum temperature for 15 minutes.
- Have the organized home as possible.
- Wash and dry clothes at high temperatures depending on the type of fabric.
- Check carefully and regularly all the furniture and home used to detect the presence of bedbugs.
Call now so we can help you with any of your pest problems, our certified staff will perform their expertise from the office to your front door 954-378-8162. Schedule online your free inspection or request your service now by clicking here.
Travelers Be Warned: Bed Bugs Hungrier Than Ever